- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15)
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, pickles and sliced cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg, 1/4 cup cola, cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons salad dressing, Parmesan cheese and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties (mixture will be moist).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine remaining cola and salad dressing; set aside.
- 3. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with cola mixture. Continue grilling to desired doneness, 6-8 minutes, brushing and turning occasionally. For medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°. Serve on buns. Serve burgers with optional toppings as desired.
1 burger: 461 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 4, 2020Our family and friends LOVE the cola burgers. Many compliments and many requests for the recipe. Always make them on the grill. YUMMY!!!
Sep 22, 2019Yummy!
Aug 11, 2019Was curious when I saw the name so made Cola Burgers for a group of friends. EVERYONE raved about how moist and flavorful the burgers were No one believed me when I said they had cola and Catalina dressing in them but everyone also went home with a link to the recipe.
Jul 27, 2019Tasty! We liked them. I broiled them in my oven and didn't brush them with extra French dressing.
Jul 16, 2019Super yummy I make quite often.
Jul 10, 2017
My kids love this recipe. I have sometimes substituted quick oats for the saltines and added a little more salt
Sep 9, 2014
Delicious flavor, held together well when cooked!
Jul 13, 2014
Loved them we used Root beer
Jul 13, 2014
I pan fried these on the stove and found that the added salad dressing really makes the fat build up and I had to drain them twice before I brushed with the sauce. They are probably better grilled, but will watch for flare-ups. Good flavor, though.
Mar 7, 2013
I make these burgers all the time - my picky grandkids really love these burgers and they don't taste like left over hamburger the next day - I double the recipe for special occassions like birthdays and family gatherings - I make ahead, freeze and we take them camping - always a hit!