Dad’s Cola Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup (nondiet) cola, divided
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves and tomato and red onion slices
- Combine saltine crumbs, 1/4 cup cola, 3 tablespoons salad dressing, egg, Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add beef; mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties (the mixture will be moist); sprinkle with remaining salt. Combine remaining cola and salad dressing.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat 3 minutes per side. Brush with cola mixture. Grill, brushing and turning occasionally, until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-4 minutes longer. Serve on buns; if desired, top with lettuce, tomato and onion.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 419 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 4, 2019
These were delicious, but you do have to keep a close watch on them so they don't burn. I used Catalina dressing, instead of French, and my family loved them. Will definitely make again.
Sep 20, 2016
very good flavor!! I would recommend eating these as an open face sandwich or with no bun because the hamburgers are soft (like meat loaf texture) and they were hard to eat on a bun. also keep a close watch on them so that they don't burn! there is sugar in them from the cola and french dressing and sugar burns easily! :) still a great tasting burger tho!
Aug 24, 2016
These burgers were easy to prepare and grill. They have a great moist texture. I was expecting more of a unique flavor with the dressing and cola, but they tasted pretty much like a regular burger.