Sweet and Spicy Jerk Ribs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; brush with oil and rub with jerk seasoning. Place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from sauce before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 1082 calories, 61g fat (21g saturated fat), 220mg cholesterol, 2498mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (64g sugars, 0 fiber), 45g protein.
Jun 9, 2015
My ribs did not turn out like the picture. We were not impressed with the end result.
Feb 10, 2015
These were delicious, cooked 7 hours exactly. will definitely make again.
May 10, 2012
I also mixed all ingredients at once and poured it over boneless pork ribs. Awesome, family loves em a repeat recipe for me !!
Jul 3, 2011
Love this! Quick, easy, flavorful. I've made several times and with good meat and a seasoning blend that fits your taste, you can't go wrong.
Jun 15, 2011
My husband thought they were pretty good, but I didn't care for them. The meat was tender and juicy, but the BBQ flavor was just a little overwhelming to me.
Jun 13, 2011
Heart attack in a meal.
Feb 11, 2011
Easy to make, very delicious...finger licking good!
Dec 5, 2010
These turned out wonderfully!
Oct 5, 2010
These came out so tender!! My husband loved them.
Aug 27, 2010
I have made these several times. My husband likes this recipe. However, I think the jerk seasoning is a little to spicy for me so I don't use the full 1/3 cup. Still a great recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.