Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 9 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 9 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into nine patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top with cheese. Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 557 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Dec 15, 2012
This was really good served with a chicken pasta salad.
May 28, 2012
I took 3 batches of these to a church picnic and everyone enjoyed them. I didn't get a chance to have one because they were so popular. But I was told they were flavorful with just the right amount of kick from the cayenne.
May 4, 2009
This is the best ground beef mixture I've ever had! Just fried the burgers on the stove; they broke up a little so next time I'll be adding an egg or two for a binder but YUM!!! RaynaMcc
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.