Spicy Sausage Hash Browns
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (16 ounces) double-cheddar cheese sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 368 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 17, 2016
what is double cheddar cheese sauce?
Mar 16, 2013
This was very spicy for me but my boys loved it. Next time I will use mild sausage instead of hot and just a dash of red pepper flakes. Get your glass of milk ready!
Feb 20, 2012
Yummy!! My husband & I love this recipe.
Jan 19, 2011
This sounds delicious, but WOW, 12g saturated fat per serving?? I would think a lightened up version would be just as good .
Dec 22, 2009
This recipe is quickly becoming our traditional Christmas breakfast! Unlike "overnight casseroles" that you prep ahead, but still have to remember to move from the fridge to the counter to the oven, I throw this together Christmas Eve just before hitting the sack and it's ready and waiting in the AM! The flavors blend well, and (at least for me) the potatoes maintain their texture, even when cooked a little longer than directed in the recipe. To make it more kid-friendly I go with mild sausage, halve the amount of chilies, and skip the red pepper. This is an easy dish that is well worth the effort.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.