Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers
These burgers combine some of my favorite flavors and textures, plus you can do most of the work ahead of time. You’ll find naan, an Indian flatbread, in the international or bread section of your grocery store. —Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 naan flatbreads, warmed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- Place cabbage in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, lemon juice, mustard and oil; pour over cabbage and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on naan with cabbage mixture, cucumber, red pepper and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 546 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1662mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Sweet and Spicy Turkey Burgers with Sesame Cabbage and Goat Cheese in Taste of Home June/July 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.