Spicy Cheese Crackers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Place the cheese, flour, salt and pepper flakes in a food processor; process until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. While pulsing, add just enough cream to form moist crumbs.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. holiday-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps and repeat.
- Bake at 350° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2013
I had prepared these crackers again 10/9/14 and so I've updated my review! This is a 5* recipe in my book! This time, I used 1-3/4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese blend and I'd added about 4 to 6 Tbsp. of milk, rather than using cream! I used a pastry blender to blend the flour, salt, cheese, cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp. for more of a spicy kick) and butter into crumbs before I added the milk-JUST enough to make a moist dough! I used my cookie discs to flatten the crackers. I had a disc with a leaf design! I did grease my baking sheets and rolled the dough into balls before flattening with the disc! These crackers were for a wedding shower 10/10/14! These crackers I baked 13 minutes at 350o F. and they're a lovely golden brown! I got 2 dozen crackers out of this recipe! I chose not to roll out the dough and cut them! delowenstein
Jan 1, 2013
great, easy to make and taste is wonderful. liked them so much that I made another recipe 2 hours after the first one.