Spicy Asian Ham Sandwiches
We love these sandwiches with ham, but you can use leftover cooked pork instead, if desired. —Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 French bread demi baguettes (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai red chili paste
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- Preheat broiler. Cut baguettes in half lengthwise; cut crosswise in half. Place bread on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, chili sauce and chili paste; spread over cut sides of baguettes. Layer baguette bottoms with ham, cucumber, carrots, salad greens, basil and mint; cover with tops.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 271 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Asian Pork Sandwiches with Fragrant Herbs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2018