Parmesan Sesame Crackers
These rustic-looking crackers are crispy, crunchy and topped with cheese and plenty of seeds. Perfect for parties, they’re missing only the preservatives and additives of store-bought alternatives! —ELENA IORGA, HELENA, MONTANA
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water, divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Gradually add 2/3 cup water and oil, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each ball directly on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Pierce dough with a fork.
- Whisk together egg white and remaining water; brush over dough. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops.
- Score each pan of dough into 24 pieces. Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Immediately cut along the scored lines; cool in pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cracker: 44 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Parmesan Sesame Crackers in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012