Parmesan Sesame Crackers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water, divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Gradually add 2/3 cup water and oil, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each ball directly on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Pierce dough with a fork.
- Whisk together egg white and remaining water; brush over dough. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops.
- Score each pan of dough into 24 pieces. Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Immediately cut along the scored lines; cool in pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cracker: 44 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 1, 2020
An excellent recipe. I substituted black mustard seed for the poppy seed, and I don't think that made much difference -- it's mostly there for looks. The one thing I would change next time, is to add a sprinkling of kosher salt on top.