Sesame Seed Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 9 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add egg and vanilla. Combine remaining ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan for 30 seconds before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 46 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 18, 2019
Absolutely delicious. I refrigerated the dough overnight to allow all the ingredients to blend well and then allowed the dough to come to room temperature before baking them. The turned into Florentines. They went fast in this house.
Dec 14, 2013
I have made these cookies twice now. I wonder if any of the recipe is a misprint. There is SO much butter, that the cookies never really set up. They remain soft and pliable, very flat. The butter almost oozes out of them. You can't touch the cookies without coating your fingers in butter. I think this could be a good recipe, but I question if the ingredients are correct.