I usually have the ingredients on hand and it is so easy to make, guest's really think you have gone the extra mile. —Pauline Porterfield, Roxboro, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pizza sauce and sliced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss together cheese, pretzels and red pepper flakes. Place 2 teaspoons mixture in each greased nonstick mini muffin cup.
- Bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes. If desired, serve with pizza sauce and basil.
Nutrition Facts1 crisp: 16 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Cheese Crackers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Oct 26, 2018
Well it looked interesting. The flavors were nice. The cookie crumbled easily. Taking them as one of my appetizers to our dinner club and will await their verdict. Personally I prefer the Imperial cheese cookie.