Soft Sesame Breadsticks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add milk and stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface, knead gently 3-4 times. Roll into a 10x5x1/2-in. rectangle; cut into 12 breadsticks.
- Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Place breadsticks in butter and turn to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 257 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 20, 2016
Love this recipe, easy and delicious...I doubled the recipe and by the end of dinner, only one was left...
Jul 26, 2016
My oven was giving me problems so I decided to fry them instead and they turned out great! They're SO good. I didn't put the sesame on them though. Instead I did garlic salt and parmesean cheese.
Jul 15, 2016
Just made this to go with spaghetti! I used garlic salt on them!!!! Delish!
Jan 25, 2016
Perfect solution for breadsticks during a snow day when I didn't have yeast! Everyone enjoyed them -used garlic rather than sesame seeds to accompany lasagna!
Dec 17, 2012
These were terrific! I ommitted the sesame seeds and instead used a blend of 1/4c melted butter, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 tsp garlic salt, I put 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom of the 9x13 pan and baked the breadsticks, then brushed the tops of baked sticks with remaining 1/3 of mixture. Absolutely delicious, and my husband who swears he doesn't like non-yeast bread items loved it!
Jun 4, 2012
This recipe is good with Parmesan cheese also.
Dec 27, 2011
these Breadsticks are quick and easy to make and taste wonderful fresh out of the oven! My husband loves them with garlic butter!
Mar 29, 2011
I sprinkled with Parmesan cheese instead of sesame seeds. yummy!
Jan 6, 2011
I wont make this again as breadsticks but i think it would make a very good pizza crust!
Nov 7, 2010
Very soft dough. Need quite a bit of flour to knead dough, although I think that's what makes them so tender. I added 1/4 tsp. each basil, oregano, & thyme, 1 tsp. parsley, & 1/8 tsp. garlic powder. We like garlic so I"ll add 1/4 tsp. next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.