Sesame Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10-12 appetizer servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a shallow bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion and mustard. In another shallow bowl, combine the crackers and sesame seeds. Cut chicken lengthwise into 1/4-in. strips.
- Dip strips into mayonnaise mixture, then into the sesame seed mixture. Place in a single layer on a large greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until juices run clear. Combine sauce ingredients and serve with chicken strips.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 427 calories, 36g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 30, 2013
This is nice and tasty.
Mar 5, 2012
Very tasty & a healthier option than fried chicken strips!
Nov 11, 2011
This is an all-time favorite of our family! I use less than half of the mayonnaise and stir the chicken strips into it.
Aug 1, 2011
These were pretty good. I didn't get a lot of sesame flavor, so maybe I should have toasted the seeds. I used chicken tenders, and they were nice and crispy. I didn't make the sauce since there was enough mayo in the recipe already. I sprayed my baking sheet and didn't have any trouble with them sticking.
Jun 1, 2011
It was very, very, VERY good and also very easy to make! Two thumbs up! (Also good dipped in ranch dressing).
Sep 25, 2010
This was a great recipe! For the reviewer who said the chicken sticks, may I suggest spraying the baking sheet with a little Pam (olive oil works well) Just a very small amount. I did it both ways (with and without) and both times this recipe was delicious!
Dec 20, 2009
I found this recipe on your site and my son attempted it for one of his catered parties. The coating stuck to the pans and very little of the coating remained on the chicken. Did not look good. Chicken did taste good, though.
Sep 13, 2009
This is one of my kids' favorite ways to eat chicken. I adjust the amount of mayo to about half--just enough to cover the strips otherwise the coating will fall off and I don't want the extra fat. We love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.