Sesame Chicken Veggie Wraps
I'm always on the lookout for fast, nutritious recipes that will appeal to my three little kids. They happen to love edamame, so this is a smart choice for those on-the-go days. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- Cook edamame according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well. Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining vegetables, chicken and edamame; toss with dressing. Place about 1/2 cup mixture on each tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 214 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Chicken and Edamame Wraps in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.