Asian Chicken Salad Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, green onions, cabbage and carrot. For dressing, in a small food processor, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, water, garlic, ginger and pepper. Cover and process until blended. Add cilantro; cover and process until chopped. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Roll up tightly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 370 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 29, 2015
Quick,easy,healthy and delicious
Jan 25, 2013
I made a few changes to this recipe. First, I used broccoli slaw instead of cabbage (my Walmart carried this right next to the cabbage). I also diced a little bit or red onion and red pepper and added that to the mix. I topped each wrap off with a handful of cashews. Finally, I added 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce to help give the dressing a little more flavor.
Sep 21, 2012
Was good with vegie chicken , and less cilantro
Sep 13, 2012
I used a whole bag of coleslaw mix in lieu of the shredded carrot and cabbage, and there was PLENTY of dressing for that! It really stretched the recipe, brought down the calorie count a bit, and we didn't feel like there wasn't enough chicken. Loved the dressing on this... delicious and very easy to make.
Apr 3, 2012
This recipe was good, but I thought that the cilantro taste was overwhelming. Generally, I don't associate cilantro with Asian foods. I will probably try the chicken wrap idea again, but I plan on using Asian dressing in place of the dressing in this recipe.
May 19, 2011
This was such a hit!! It was light, easy to make and took no time at all... I have shared with this family and look forward to making it again!
Mar 29, 2011
Delicious! Even better the next day! My co-workers loved the taste!
Mar 19, 2011
It was very tasty but kind of watery for a wrap. Next time I will omit the water.
Feb 20, 2011
This recipe is quick & very easy. We increased the dressing for the recipe & it was even better! We have already shared this with many of our friends!