Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- CHICKEN SALAD:
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 6 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; stir in cilantro. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, red pepper, onions, carrot and 1/4 cup peanuts. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among lettuce leaves; sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Fold lettuce over filling.
Nutrition Facts1 1/2 cup chicken salad: 284 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jan 8, 2018
Healthy and tasty - a great combination! You can substitute peanut sauce for the peanut butter.The Bibb lettuce works well as a wrap. Nice luncheon dish!
Jun 5, 2017
I made mine using a pound of lean ground chicken, which I seasoned lightly with salt and pepper. After fully cooked, I tossed in the bell pepper and carrots and briefly sauteed them. I then added the sauce at the end (using Natural PB in place of the reduced fat and 2 tsp of Jalapeno Olive Oil in lieu of the canola oil) and served the dish warm. YUMMO! Definitely adding this to the rotation!
May 3, 2017
Used regular Hellmann's and natural peanut butter (what we had on hand) and omitted red pepper. Whole family loved it!
Feb 22, 2016
Excellent. In AZ I like something that doesn't have to be hot for dinner. This is an excellent combination of flavors. Don't over do it on the dressing. Save some for another batch of wraps later.
May 9, 2015
This was amazing. I made this to try with the intention of adding this to our list of summer meals. Way better than PF Chang's. My son absolutely loved it, but he is not a picky eater and likes to try new things.
Jun 15, 2014
Really refreshing on a hot evening. I replaced the chopped red pepper with 1 cup cooked and cooled edamame.
Jun 2, 2014
Very very good! An amazing blend of flavors and textures. Have made it twice already - perfect for a light summer dinner. I substituted tahini for the sesame oil - turned out perfect.
Jun 1, 2014
This was incredibly delicious! I think better than PF Chang's
May 24, 2014
Very disappointing taste, my wife and I ate it but this recipe won't be made by us again. As for the kids they took one bite and were done.
May 23, 2014
excellent, so easy to make and serve. attractive, taste is divine.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.