Quick & Easy Gazpacho
I really enjoy gazpacho a lot. Sometime I make this soup on Sunday evening and then take it to school for lunch all week. The crunchy vegetables in the tomato base just add a healthy item to my menu.—Susan Ferrell, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups Clamato juice
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Salad croutons, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the Clamato juice, tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, celery, onion, oil, vinegar, parsley, chives, garlic, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with croutons if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without croutons): 114 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Gazpacho - Italian Cold Soup in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.