Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped and divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free croutons
- In a blender, combine the tomato juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, hot pepper sauce and half of the tomatoes; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion, cucumber, green pepper and remaining tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled. Garnish with croutons.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 203 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 vegetable, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 18, 2010
good recipe! I added 1 T of EVOO and then diced an avocado to replace the rest of the oil. I also added a handful of fresh, chopped cilantro for some flavor and used homemade tomato juice (no salt added) to greatly reduce the sodium -- no extra salt besides the 1/4 tsp was necessary. Very easy and simple ingredients! It was great without the croutons too.