Asian Lettuce Wraps
This recipe is as tasty as the lettuce wraps found in national restaurants, but it's healthier! — Linda Rowley, Richardson, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute blend equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium cucumber, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey; cook 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Add jalapeno, green onions and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in basil, lime juice, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and sugar; heat through.
- To serve, place turkey mixture in lettuce leaves; top with cucumber, carrot and bean sprouts. Fold lettuce over filling.
Nutrition Facts3 lettuce wraps: 259 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Asian Lettuce Wraps in Light Recipes 2015