Hawaiian Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
We love this easy slow-cooker recipe on Sunday afternoons. It's equally comforting and light for lunch or dinner. We serve ours with sweet potato oven fries and roasted green beans. —Arlene Rakoczy, Gilbert, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 18 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Rub roast with sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with pineapple and ginger. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast; shred with 2 forks. Strain cooking juices. Reserve pineapple and 1 cup juices; discard remaining juices. Skim fat from reserved juices. Return pork and cooking juices to slow cooker; stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat through. Serve in lettuce leaves with reserved pineapple and, if desired, green onions.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add a little water if necessary.
Test Kitchen tips