Mexican Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir in avocado. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons sour cream. Fold lettuce over filling.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 259 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 27, 2016
I made this exactly as written and it was super quick and easy for a light, dinner on a hot summer night.
Jun 12, 2015
great new take on traditional mexican food! I added a little bit of fresh corn and some cheese and NO left-overs...
Mar 7, 2015
Tasty...difficulty finding lettuce to hold it together.
Feb 9, 2015
Easy to make and yummy!
Oct 16, 2014
Everyone I make this for loves it. It's easy to change up to your preferences and it's full of flavor.
Sep 13, 2014
My husband and I really enjoy this recipe. It makes for a light and satisfying lunch. It's even easier to make with canned tomatoes and peppers and leftover chicken.
Jun 17, 2012
These were great! Made a few changes...because we like our food spicy, used 2 T. chopped jalapenos in place of the milder green chilies. Omitted the red pepper because we don't care for it. And added 3 T. chopped cilantro and an extra avocado. Didn't find Bibb or Boston lettuce at the store this week, but used iceberg with good results.