Mexican Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir in avocado. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons sour cream. Fold lettuce over filling.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 259 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 27, 2016
I made this exactly as written and it was super quick and easy for a light, dinner on a hot summer night.
Jun 12, 2015
great new take on traditional mexican food! I added a little bit of fresh corn and some cheese and NO left-overs...
Mar 7, 2015
Tasty...difficulty finding lettuce to hold it together.
Feb 9, 2015
Easy to make and yummy!
Oct 16, 2014
Everyone I make this for loves it. It's easy to change up to your preferences and it's full of flavor.
Sep 13, 2014
My husband and I really enjoy this recipe. It makes for a light and satisfying lunch. It's even easier to make with canned tomatoes and peppers and leftover chicken.
Jun 17, 2012
These were great! Made a few changes...because we like our food spicy, used 2 T. chopped jalapenos in place of the milder green chilies. Omitted the red pepper because we don't care for it. And added 3 T. chopped cilantro and an extra avocado. Didn't find Bibb or Boston lettuce at the store this week, but used iceberg with good results.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.