Sweet & Sour Pork Wraps
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes8 servings (16 wraps)
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place roast and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk water, sweet-and-sour sauce, sherry, soy sauce, soup mix, ginger and garlic until blended; pour over pork. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours.
- When cool enough to handle, shred pork with two forks. To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup pork mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup cabbage; sprinkle with cilantro. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close.
Nutrition Facts2 wraps: 523 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1357mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Jul 25, 2015
Light and had good flavor. It does make quite a bit.
Jul 12, 2015
Sep 3, 2014
What a flavorful recipe! This is one of my favorite Taste of Home recipes to date. I will definitely make these again! I used chicken broth in place of the sherry, but either ingredient would probably work nicely. The fresh cabbage, juicy pulled pork, tangy sauce, and delicious blend of spices really hit the mark!
Aug 28, 2014
Did not taste good at all. The onion soup definatly over powers. Will not be making this again.
Jun 5, 2014
Before preparing this one for a crowd, I wanted to test it.. so I reduced the amounts by 3/4, enough for two people, used a 3 quart cooker, reduced cooking time to 5 hours. It was sensational, so this will become a standard on the menu for my family parties. As a volunteer field editor, I am happy to recommend this wonderful recipe
Jun 4, 2014
I thought this recipe was wonderful and my family loved it too. I used chicken broth in place of the water, but added the sherry as well per those instructions. I had 5-6lbs of pork, so did 1 1/2 times all the other ingredients (thought just one packet of soup mix) and the flavor was just wonderful. I'll definitely make this recipe again!
Apr 23, 2014
So good!! Awesome flavor!! I wasn't able to shred it so i just cut it into slices and made some sides to make it a meal. I wouldn't change anything and I will definitely make this again!
Apr 9, 2014
This is one of the worst tasting recipes I have ever tried (& I've tried many)! To start, I don't know how these could be called sweet & sour wraps...Although you use a little of the sauce, it tastes NOTHING like sweet & sour. I followed the recipe for the sauce exact (except maybe a little less chopped onion) & this sauce was not edible to me. I think the problem is the pack of onion soup. For anyone who has used that in a recipe, you know it is very over powering. I assumed due to the title, it would not be the case here. Yet, it was. It tasted like a beef stew that was made mainly from this onion soup. All the other ingredients get lost here. I added a little asian slaw & tried it on tacos...I could only eat two bites of mine. My husband choked down one small one & said "sorry, I can't eat any more." My son ate half of a taco. We had the whole load of that stuff in the crock pot that ended up going down my disposal. Thank goodness I made homemade pot stickers with it (trying another new recipe) & that one turned out delicious & we just ate those for our meal...This was really bad.
Apr 3, 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.