Ginger Pork Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 24 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up pork into crumbles.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and chili sauce until blended. Add water chestnuts, green onions and oil; heat through. To serve, place pork mixture in lettuce leaves; fold lettuce over filling. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 filled lettuce wrap: 54 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 10, 2018
I have made this recipe several times. Lunch, dinner, appetizer, it doesn't matter. Great flavors, texture, and surprises. Everybody loves them. Big hit!
Jul 19, 2017
Loved! Wonderful flavor and easy to make. Absolutely love the sweet/hot flavor but also added red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
Mar 8, 2017
Very easy to make and yummy. Love that I can freeze it into portions to take for lunch during the week.
Oct 2, 2016
We love lettuce wraps and this was a great new take on them. I was afraid they might be too salty but they were not - I would make sure to use reduced-sodium soy though.... These make really good lunch options too!
Jul 14, 2016
I really like these wraps. Not too many ingredients & quick to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.