Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 Boston lettuce leaves
- Additional hoisin sauce, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Coarsely chop stir-fry vegetables; add to the pan. Stir in the teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, ginger, vinegar and oil. Stir-fry over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in onions. Place a scant 1/2 cup turkey mixture on each lettuce leaf; fold lettuce over filling. Serve with additional hoisin sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 filled lettuce wraps: 275 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sep 12, 2017
Just okay. The peanut butter flavor was overwhelming. If I tried this recipe again I'd use a very small amount of peanut butter or omit it altogether.
Jul 27, 2016
Very yummy & tasty! Even my teenagers loved it. I used regular creamy peanut butter as it was what I had on hand. I also couldn't find Boston lettuce, so I used butter lettuce & it worked just fine. I used a frozen Asian Vegetable Stir Fry with water chestnuts & loved the crunchiness of it.
May 31, 2016
We made this into a stir fry over rice instead of lettuce. We really didn't care for it. The turkey was bland and the sauce was cloying and not very flavorful.
Apr 15, 2016
Good recipe but I probably wouldn't make it again.
Mar 28, 2016
Best as an appetizer.
Jan 20, 2016
It was tasty. It had good flavor and no flavor was overpowering. We couldn't find Boston lettuce, so we used Butter Leaf instead.
Aug 2, 2015
very tasty and flavorful
Feb 5, 2015
The secret is in the sauce! So flavorful and yummy. I omitted the ginger-root and added a can of water chestnuts for added crunch. I made it my a wok and it was done in 30 minutes with no prep before. Leftovers were even better.
Jan 29, 2015
i made this as is with the exception of romaine instead of Boston. I put it in a flour tortilla - more carbs and calories - but it was great. Tomorrow I'll eat it in the lettuce wrap.
Jan 26, 2015
Doubled the recipe and so glad I did...gave us mucho leftovers!! Added sliced water chestnuts otherwise followed recipe verbatim. Absolutely delicious...couldn't stop eating it and then looked forward to leftovers next day. Used iceberg, romaine and Boston and each was fantastic! Do yourself and your family a favor and try this recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.