Hoisin Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with vegetables in sesame oil over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Stir in hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve in lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts2 wraps: 292 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 13, 2018
Just enjoyed the first results of the delicious recipe. Yes, the veggie prep is a little more time consuming but worth the effort for a healthy dish. I added finely chopped Chinese Cabbage. Brightly colored vegetables make for a pretty presentation. Always looking for another way to use ground turkey since I don't eat red meat and this is a winner in my book. Flavorful, healthy, low carb and tasty. Thank you Melissa!!!
May 22, 2017
Just ok. It took way more than 30 minutes as claimed. Taste really wasn't worth all the fuss in prep work.
Apr 29, 2017
I made the recipe exactly as written and everyone loved it. I will definitely make this again.