Asian Steak Wraps
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour. Add salt and pepper to remaining marinade; cover and refrigerate.
- Drain beef and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry beef until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry onion and peppers until crisp-tender. Stir in reserved marinade. Return beef to the pan; heat through.
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese; top with beef mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 402 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 1, 2011
AWESOME!! These were so delicious and flavorful. I marinated the meat for about 6-7 hours, but followed the recipe exactly for everything else. I wouldn't mind having these every week!
Oct 1, 2008
These wraps will make anyone feel great about eating healthy. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.