Asian Beef Strips
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Flatten each strip of steak to 1/8-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the onions, soy sauce, sugar, wine, garlic, sesame seeds, oil and pepper; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place beef on a small broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 195 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 11, 2013
I made this recipe on a work day and it turned out to be very easy and tasty! I made minor changes due to what ingredients I had available.I used gluten free soy sauce and did not have sesame seeds so I left those out. My husband could not stop talking about how much he enjoyed this recipe too.I'm certain we will be having this recipe again soon!
Jul 19, 2012
This is a great way to jazz up an ordinary steak. The beef strips were easy to prepare. They turned out tender and delicious. The whole family enjoyed them.