This recipe is just like any other Asian wrap, but with more delicious and healthy flavor. Instead of ordering Chinese, you'll be making these yourself! —Melissa Hansen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 round rice papers (8 inches)
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup crispy chow mein noodles
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, ketchup, honey, ginger and oil; stir in onion. Pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours. Remove chicken; shred with two forks and refrigerate until assembly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into honey mixture. Cook, covered, on high until sauce is thickened, 20-30 minutes. Toss chicken with 3/4 cup sauce; reserve remaining sauce for serving.
- Fill a large shallow dish partway with water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into water just until pliable, about 45 seconds (do not soften completely); allow excess water to drip off.
- Place wrapper on a flat surface. Layer 1/4 cup coleslaw, 1/3 cup chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon noodles across bottom third of wrapper. Fold in both sides of wrapper; fold bottom over filling, then roll up tightly. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 195 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Asian Wraps in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.