Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 12 round rice papers (8 inches)
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup crispy chow mein noodles
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, ketchup, honey, ginger and oil; stir in onion. Pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours. Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks and refrigerate until assembly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into honey mixture. Cook, covered, on high until sauce is thickened, 20-30 minutes. Toss chicken with 3/4 cup sauce; reserve remaining sauce for serving.
- Fill a large shallow dish partway with water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into water just until pliable, about 45 seconds (do not soften completely); allow excess water to drip off.
- Place wrapper on a flat surface. Layer 1/4 cup coleslaw, 1/3 cup chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon noodles across bottom third of wrapper. Fold in both sides of wrapper; fold bottom over filling, then roll up tightly. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 195 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 14, 2020
Made this for the first time. In step 2, your recipe says "Cook, covered, on high until sauce is thickened, 20-30 minutes". REALLY? You end up with a charred mess in an impossible0to-clean pan. Is there an error in your instructions?
Jun 4, 2019
This is a really good spring roll and not hard to make even for an old man with stiff fingers.