Peanutty Asian Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh snow peas
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional hoisin sauce, optional
- Whisk together first five ingredients until smooth. In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with carrot over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain. Add ginger and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in sauce mixture, water chestnuts, snow peas and green onions; heat through.
- Serve in lettuce leaves. If desired, drizzle with additional hoisin sauce.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts2 wraps: 313 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Oct 17, 2017
I can't stop eating these! I made these as written, except that I couldn't find low sodium teriyaki sauce, so used regular. Once cooked, I kind of wanted more peanut flavor, so I added another tablespoon. I figure that there are probably variations due to the brand of peanut butter you use, and I was using a fairly bland organic brand. I will make these again. I had another recipe, but am tossing that for this one. Yummy!
Jun 1, 2016
I usually buy a package Lettuce Wrap packet. This recipe is amazing! It is a definately keeper!
May 25, 2016
I make this recipe all the time. I use ground chicken in place of ground turkey. The ground chicken has a little better flavor.
Apr 16, 2015
waaaay too salty! good flavor, though.
Mar 1, 2015
Very good! Did not have any snow peas on hand. Grabbed reduced sodium soy sauce instead of the reduced sodium teriyaki sauce from the fridge. Used 6 frozen chicken tenderloins, thawed then diced, instead of turkey. Added a small amount of broccoli slaw in addition to the carrots. I used carrots that were the store bought julienned style then I cut them up with kitchen shears in a bowl. Used warmed flour tortillas instead of lettuce for the wrap. My husband said next time try chunky peanut butter. Will definitely make this again!
Dec 30, 2014
Easy & Delish!
Dec 23, 2014
Reminds me of something I might have in a Thai restaurant.
Jul 31, 2014
This was delicious and so flavourful as others have said. Made it exactly as written and will definitely make it again!
Jul 30, 2014
Delicious! Better than restaurant quality. A big hit at our house!
May 5, 2014
Yum! This recipe was a hit , will definately make again. I used ground chicken, subbed red bell pepper & cole slaw mix for the snow peas & water chestnut s to use what I had.Chopped all veggies small in food processor.Added a touch of Chinese 5 spice to the sauce.Served with coconut rIce & fresh fruit.I used butter lettuce leaves(couldn't find bibb). I think endive leaves would work better. This would also work well as a filling for spring rolls, an Asian wrapp sandwich or Asian taco..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.