Thai Chicken Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Whisk first 5 ingredients until blended. Toss chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry coleslaw mix, onion and ginger until broccoli is crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in peanut butter mixture. Serve chicken and vegetable mixture in tortillas.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 389 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 935mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Feb 13, 2017
I made this recipe for dinner last night and it was delicious! The peanut sauce reminded me of the Peanut Chicken I get at a local Chinese restaurant .... I didn't have canola oil, so I used light olive oil and I used minced garlic (the refrigerated kind in a small jar) instead of fresh garlic. I will surely be making this again! I think I'll use the sauce on some breaded chicken strips .... that will mimic that Peanut Chicken at our Chinese buffet. Five stars for sure!!