Mango Chicken Wraps
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup torn leaf lettuce
- In a food processor, combine the mangoes, onion, jalapeno, lime juice and honey. Cover and process until pureed. Stir in cilantro; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne and oregano in oil until heated through. Spread mango sauce over tortillas. Layer with chicken, cheese, red pepper, tomatoes and lettuce; roll up.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 476 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1116mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Mar 28, 2013
I have never written a review for ANYTHING and now I find myself writing one for a mango chicken wrap.This recipe is SO easy, anybody can do it. I find myself making it quite frequently.One tip: be careful on the amount of jalapeno you use. The recipe suggests one whole pepper, but the only peppers available at my grocer are quite large. It never hurts to add a little at a time to taste. I also add more onion than it calls for, but that is personal preference.Also, you do NOT need a food processor. I have a pretty crummy blender and it does the job well. I would also recommend adding avocado slices!
Sep 7, 2012
This wrap was fantastic! It was so flavorful! My family raved about how much they loved it and want me to make it again soon!