Vietnamese Pork Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce, optional
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 English cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup each coarsely chopped fresh basil, cilantro and mint
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Hoisin sauce
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar and salt until blended. Stir in carrots and onion; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook pork, ginger and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking up pork into crumbles; drain. Stir in soy sauce, mirin, salt, pepper and, if desired, fish sauce.
- To serve, drain carrot mixture. Place pork mixture in lettuce leaves; top with cucumber, red pepper, green onions, carrot mixture and herbs. Sprinkle with jalapeno and peanuts; drizzle with hoisin sauce. Squeeze lime juice over tops. Fold lettuce over filling.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 199 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 22, 2015
Lots of chopping. but, so worth it! My husband and I loved it and will try it again!
Mar 1, 2015
What a wonderful and delightful mix of flavors. The added bonus is everything is fresh and healthy. This recipe even won over the harshest skeptic in my family, which was my 23 year old son. He said that was the, 'fastest I have ever eaten a meal and it was great'. So, this recipe gets 5 stars from everybody in the family.
Feb 21, 2015
This was wonderful! And so different from my usual midwestern fare. The only change I made was to sub low fat ground turkey breast for the pork...so my husband could cheerfully eat it. We loved it...and we are old people!
Feb 14, 2015
These rate a 5 star.. excellent!
Jun 6, 2014
What a fun and tasty meal!! I loved it! My husband and daughter liked it very much. My husband said it was good but not like P.F. Changs. He then mixed some hoisin sauce and the mirin wine with the meat and threw in some of the peanuts and placed on a lettuce leaf. It really did taste close to P.F. Changs! I liked the way it was, but is a recipe that is easily adapted to individual taste. It was a little time consuming chopping all the ingredients, but well worth it. The only change I made was that I used green leaf lettuce instead of the Bibb lettuce called for in the recipe. If you like lettuce wraps you will definitely want to try this one!!Field Editor since 2013