Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 4 cups)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir first 6 ingredients until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses.
- Top half of each tortilla with spinach mixture; fold other half over filling. Place on a griddle coated with cooking spray; cook over medium heat until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Cut quesadillas in half; if desired, serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts3 wedges: 281 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 585mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 9, 2018
This is a delicious, quick and easy meal. This is a recipe that can be changed for individual tastes very easily.
Apr 3, 2018
Excellent! Nothing bland about this delicious meal, and I forgot to add the ricotta cheese too!Thank you, everyone loved them!
Jan 8, 2018
This was easy to make but I thought it was bland. Nothing special about it.
Oct 22, 2017
Good meatless quesadilla. I may add some jalapenos next time for a bit more heat.
Mar 28, 2016
Jan 22, 2016
I couldn't get enough, very tasty!
Jun 12, 2015
Compared to other quesadillas , this recipe falls flat.
Feb 9, 2015
Tasty and easy to fix, though a little bland. May make it again. Remember to use FRESH spinach, not frozen.
Mar 18, 2014
Very good. I used cream cheese because I didn't have any ricotta, and it was great. Will definitely try adding black beans and maybe some chicken next time.
Jan 11, 2014
So so good!! And very low calorie!! I only ate 1/3 of the serving and was full. We added black beans and corn. Mmmm. . .