Spinach ‘n’ Broccoli Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add spinach, broccoli, 1/3 cup picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in cottage cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup spinach mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining picante sauce over top.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 21, 2018
Now these recipe is more on the dry side which allows the tortilla to get crunchy sounds yummy.
Jan 21, 2018
Quick and easy. I used more than the recommended picante sauce to add more zip. This will be a monthly dish.
Jan 19, 2018
Super easy, delicious and healthy! My first review - it was too good not to say anything!
Dec 18, 2017
This was very yummy! We agreed that it's a keeper. I had extra chopped spinach and cottage cheese from another recipe, so I cut this recipe in half for my husband and I. I made everything as-is. The only thing I will say is that we both put some extra sauce on at the end, but that may just be personal preference. The crunch from the broccoli really helps balance out the texture of the spinach. Overall a pretty easy and quick meal that I'll make again.
Jun 6, 2017
Unbelievably delicious and so easy as well. I will be making this often.
Jan 24, 2014
I was skeptical about this recipe, too. But I had loads of extra spinach and broccoli and no way to use them, so I tried it. My husband and I loved it! We don't eat any meatless meals, really, so this was a lovely surprise. Great way to eat our veggies and save our meat!
Mar 17, 2012
We really love this recipe
Aug 30, 2011
My family loved this recipe. Even my 3 yr old had some. What a great way to get spinach and broccoli into a toddler. We used whole wheat tortillia insted of the flour ones.
Jan 25, 2011
Excellent! We added pepperjack on top for a little extra flavor and chicken in the mix as well. We seasoned the chicken with a little bit of cajun and creole seasoning. We like our food spicy, so if you do too this is a good way to make it! We loved this!
Oct 20, 2010
I have to admit I was skeptical, but these were amazing! I like a little more spice, so we garnished with some hot pepper sauce.