Sausage Pineapple Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 30 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 30 pineapple chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Teriyaki sauce, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water chestnuts and crushed pineapple. Gradually stir in soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place about 2 tablespoons sausage mixture on each lettuce leaf; fold lettuce over filling. Top with a pineapple chunk; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with teriyaki sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 lettuce wrap (calculated without teriyaki sauce): 50 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 7, 2019
I could only find Bibb lettuce in my area. Flavor overall was great but I had trouble keeping these gems together without the lettuce ripping.
Dec 3, 2015
Great alternative to more traditional wraps - yummy!
Jul 14, 2014
Fantastic with our without the teriyaki sauce.
Dec 12, 2012
This was a hit with our friends. I made no changes. I love the pineapple in it. I've had PF Chang's lettuce wraps and these are on par with those, although the sausage and pineapple makes them different. Next time I will buy romaine or green leaf lettuce as bib is so expensive.