Moroccan Lamb Lettuce Wraps
I am a huge fan of both Moroccan lamb and lettuce wraps. This combination—with the creamy and crunchy cucumber—makes a tasty slow-cooked dish. The wine and chili powder add extra flavor elements to the sauce mixture, too. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 6 tablespoons dry red wine, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning (ras el hanout)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 English cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 16 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Combine lamb, salsa, preserves, 4 tablespoons wine, Moroccan seasoning, chili powder and garlic powder. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until lamb is tender. Remove lamb; shred with 2 forks. Strain cooking juices and skim fat. Return lamb and cooking juices to slow cooker; heat through. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons wine; heat through.
- Combine cucumber and ranch dressing; toss to coat. Serve lamb mixture in lettuce leaves; top with cucumber mixture.