Grilled Veggie Wraps
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 ounces whole fresh mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4 romaine leaves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add vegetables. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Drain and reserve marinade. Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Set aside 1 teaspoon marinade. Turn vegetables; baste with remaining marinade. Grill 5-8 minutes longer or until tender, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheeses and mayonnaise; set aside.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with reserved marinade. Place tortillas, marinade side down, on grill for 1-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture over ungrilled side of each tortilla. Top with romaine and 1 cup grilled vegetables; roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 332 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 26, 2014
A great non-meat meal!! My husband grumbled about not having meat and then he tried it and really liked it. It was very easy to make and very good. The spread is delicious. Maybe I had too many veggies, but I didn't have any excess marinade to baste or to put on the tortillas so I didn't do those steps, but may increase the marinade amount next time.
Sep 14, 2013
Very good, simple wrap. Grilling the veggies really adds so much to the flavor. Good served warm or Cold! Will be making again.
Jun 27, 2013
Excellent Summer grill recipe. I chopped the veggies but didn't make the wrap for about 36 hours due to a change in plans. The extra time in the fridge actually added flavor. I used honey instead of molasses and walnut oil because I was out of olive oil. What really brings out the flavor of the wrap is the 3-cheese spread(cream cheese, parmesan and feta). I added a little extra mayo to make it more spreadable.
Jun 1, 2009
This is the most delicious veggie wrap ever! I make it all the time.