Veggie Brown Rice Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the rice, beans, corn, green onions, cumin, pepper and salt. Cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 3/4 cup onto each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; drizzle with salsa. Fold sides of tortilla over filling; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 377 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
May 19, 2018
Very pleased. A keeper for sure.
Mar 25, 2016
Used it as a side dish without the wrap and salsa....wonderful!
Mar 16, 2012
been preparing this for years and sometimes I put hamburg or sasuage in it.
Aug 3, 2010
This is really good and easy. I usually add some grilled chicken breast strips (chopped) to the mix as hubby likes meat.