Veggie Brown Rice Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the rice, beans, corn, green onions, cumin, pepper and salt. Cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 3/4 cup onto each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; drizzle with salsa. Fold sides of tortilla over filling; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 377 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 19, 2018
Very pleased. A keeper for sure.
Mar 25, 2016
Used it as a side dish without the wrap and salsa....wonderful!
Mar 16, 2012
been preparing this for years and sometimes I put hamburg or sasuage in it.
Aug 3, 2010
This is really good and easy. I usually add some grilled chicken breast strips (chopped) to the mix as hubby likes meat.