Sesame Chicken Dip
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes36 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 8)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Sesame rice crackers
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic; toss with chicken. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese onto a large serving plate; top with sweet-and-sour-sauce, spinach and chicken. Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup dip: 97 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 3, 2019
Can this be prepared the night before and left in the refrigerator?
Aug 27, 2019
OH! How about in spring roll wrappers!
Jun 28, 2019
I made this tonight for my hubby and a friend to test the recipe for a potluck at work tomorrow. It came out great! I didn't have time to chill it for as long as the recipe states, yet it was still delicious. As some others have suggested, I used (less) whipped cream cheese and added shredded carrots. I also added some hoisin and Sriracha sauce to the sweet and sour to add some more flavor and kick. I'm not a huge fan of raw spinach either, so I used a mix of arugula, spinach and raddichio. Two thumbs up ??
Apr 5, 2019
I have brought this to a couple of parties and it was gone in a flash. I also subbed out the sweet and sour sauce for Thai Chili Sauce. My keto friends love it and I make cheese crisps to replace the crackers for them.
Jan 2, 2019
Super delicious dip! Agree it makes a lot, but made two smaller dishes. Was good to put out a fresh batch. I omitted the peanuts and added 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger with the garlic mixture.
Dec 26, 2018
Made as written, brought it to Christmas, everyone loved it. It does make a lot, used a lasagna pan to make it. Another reviewer suggested using Thai sweet chili sauce instead, might try that as another option, but it's delicious as is!
Mar 15, 2016
This is delicious, I've been making it for years. It always gets gobbled right up. Always get asked for the recipe. Sesame rice crackers are a must with this.
Jul 24, 2013
This is so good! I added shredded carrots to it, and cut way down on the cream cheese (just one 8 oz package). Everyone started scooping it onto their plates and just eating it with a fork. It was that good! It would make a nice filling for a sandwich, too.
Jul 1, 2013
Wicked good! I used sweet Thai chili sauce instead of the sweet & sour sauce and added some shredded carrot and cilantro.
Apr 26, 2013
I'm not able to find sesame rice crackers. What would be a good substitute?