Tex-Mex Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 5 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl mix the first six ingredients. Place butter in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture to coat; press to adhere. Place chicken on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°, about 15 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 258 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 24, 2019
I made these tonight for my toddler and my husband and we all loved them. No leftovers! So quick and easy and great dipped in ranch dressing. I served with a green salad and some Spanish Rice for a complete meal. I can’t wait to make these again.