Seasoned Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup egg substitute or 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg substitute, mustard and garlic. In another shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with seasonings. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 194 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 14, 2016
My husband and I thought this recipe was fantastic! The chicken strips were very flavorful and easy to prepare. I will definitely be making this again!
Dec 13, 2014
These were great and very tender.
Dec 3, 2014
Whole family loved these!
Apr 11, 2014
Instead of chicken tenders, I sliced chicken breasts into strips. I had some seasoned dried cubes, so I smashed them up into crumbs. My family really enjoyed them.
Aug 22, 2012
My whole family loves these chicken strips! I use them for salads and make a double batch and then freeze them for later. That way the kids have an all natural snack when they are hungry!
May 17, 2012
This is agood starter recipe, but i agree, it is a little balnd.
Oct 15, 2011
I use gluten free bread mix for the crumbs and cayenne pepper instead of the paprika. YUM!
May 21, 2011
Delicious! Didn't have any prepared mustard so we used 1 tsp dry mustard. Tasted great!~ Theresa
Jun 21, 2010
These were great dipped in honey mustard. The crumb mixture wasn't super flavorful and might have done well with a bit more salt and/or seasonings, but still very tasty!
Apr 29, 2010
I love this recipe! but I would cut the Basil amount in half. A little too spicy for me.