Cajun Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-in. strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Italian parsley and chili peppers, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken, half at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter for 8-10 minutes or until the juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and peppers if desired.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 162 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2013
My husband and I love this recipe! We loved it so much that we are going to make sandwiches out of them. Instead of poultry seasoning I used Creole seasoning.
Feb 16, 2013
Honestly, it taste like cardboard, ended up using it to make manchurian chicken
Mar 25, 2012
I used this for a quick fix chicken to go with pasta alfrado. They were good but nothing amazing.
Aug 23, 2010
I love this recipe so much I dug through all of my tasteofhome cookbooks trying to find it. Then I got smart and googled it.
Feb 10, 2010
I am not sure why I don't make this more often. I LOVE this recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Mar 3, 2009
This is our favorite meal, I use a griddle and instead of using butter I spray the griddle with butter flavored pam and lightly spray the top of the chicken when I turn it over.