- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- Hot cooked fettuccine, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, red pepper, taco seasoning, salt and pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the beans, corn, picante sauce and cilantro; heat through. Serve with fettuccine if desired.
1.330 cups: 304 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.