Tex-Mex Chicken Salad
Nancy tops packaged greens with the warm chicken and onion combo, then tosses in tomato, red pepper and shredded cheese to create this colorful salad. An easy dressing of zippy salsa and bottled vinaigrette adds the final flavorful touch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups Tex-Mex Chicken Starter
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken starter; heat through.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomato, onion and cheese. Top with chicken mixture. In a small bowl, combine salsa and vinaigrette until blended. Serve with salad.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2001
Jun 19, 2012
What is Tex-Mex chicken chicken starter? I live in CA and haven't heard of it. Is there anything you could substitute for it, like maybe chicken taco seasoning mix?