Tex-Mex Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups Tex-Mex Chicken Starter
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken starter; heat through.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomato, onion and cheese. Top with chicken mixture. In a small bowl, combine salsa and vinaigrette until blended. Serve with salad.
Jun 19, 2012
What is Tex-Mex chicken chicken starter? I live in CA and haven't heard of it. Is there anything you could substitute for it, like maybe chicken taco seasoning mix?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.