Chicken Taco Pockets
We love these easy taco-flavored sandwiches made with crescent dough. Paired with a bowl of soup or a crisp salad, they make a quick and easy lunch or supper. I also like to cut them into smaller servings for parties. —Donna Gribbins, Shelbyville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup salsa, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: Shredded lettuce, guacamole and additional sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll one tube crescent dough and separate into two rectangles; press perforations to seal. Repeat with second tube. In a bowl, combine salsa, sour cream and taco seasoning. Spoon chicken onto the left side of each rectangle; top with salsa mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Cut in half. Serve with salsa and desired toppings.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 pocket: 393 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Mix and Match Crescent Pocket in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018