Chicken Taco Pockets
We love these easy taco-flavored sandwiches made with crescent dough. Paired with a bowl of soup or a crisp salad, they make a quick and easy lunch or supper. I also like to cut them into smaller servings for parties. —Donna Gribbins, Shelbyville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup salsa, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: Shredded lettuce, guacamole and additional sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll one tube crescent dough and separate into two rectangles; press perforations to seal. Repeat with second tube. In a bowl, combine salsa, sour cream and taco seasoning. Spoon chicken onto the left side of each rectangle; top with salsa mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Cut in half. Serve with salsa and desired toppings.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 pocket: 393 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Mix and Match Crescent Pocket in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.