These individual stuffed pizzas taste delectable with or without the sauce on the side. If you can't make up your mind, prepare half of the calzones with ham and the other half with pepperoni.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces diced fully cooked ham or sliced pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- Warmed spaghetti or pizza sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, ham and garlic powder. Divide each loaf into eight pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 5-in. circle. Place filling in the center of each circle. Bring dough over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with sauce if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 171 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Quick Calzones in Best of Country Breads
Sep 22, 2008
Do these freeze well? I live alone and am looking for recipes I can make,freeze and take out one at a time for supper. Does it work to freeze the sauce in small portions and freeze?granee2,Oklahoma