Crab Salad Pockets
When I'm out of crab, I substitute tuna with great results. This sandwich makes a nice, light lunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 ounces imitation crabmeat, flaked or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, cucumber, peppers, onion, celery and seafood seasoning. Stir in mayonnaise. Fill pita halves with crab mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Crab Salad Pockets in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook