Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, julienned
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- Divide the potatoes, carrots and onion equally among four pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Top with butter; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Bring opposite short ends of foil together over vegetables and fold down several times. Fold unsealed ends toward vegetables and crimp tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender. Remove from grill. Open foil and sprinkle with cheese; reseal Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 238 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jul 18, 2014
I left out the carrots and it was wonderful.
Aug 26, 2013
Jun 29, 2010
Instead of using butter, we usually spray the aluminum foil with nonstick spray. This cuts out some of the fat and none of the flavor!
Jun 29, 2010
Our family frequently eats potato pockets alongside grilled chicken, burgers, or steaks. It's a creative way to have potatoes and it's nice not to have to heat up the stove or oven to make them.