Chicken Piccata Pockets
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 chicken tenderloins, cubed
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper on medium speed until well combined. Fold in capers and shallot.
- Unfold puff pastry; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut into four smaller squares. Spread cream cheese mixture over squares to within 1/4 in. of edges; top with chicken.
- Fold one corner of each pastry square over chicken, forming a triangle. Pinch triangle edges to seal and flatten with fork for tighter seal. Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry pocket, including edges. Discard leftover egg mixture. Pierce each pocket twice with a fork to vent.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet until golden brown, 18 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes. Serve pockets with lemon slices and parsley.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pockets on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to an airtight container; return to freezer. To use, bake as directed, increasing time by about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken pocket: 559 calories, 38g fat (15g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2019
question, is the chicken cooked first?
Jan 11, 2019
What does "roll into a 12-in. square" mean...?
Jun 21, 2018
Absolutely HEAVENLY! Made exactly as directed, changed nothing and this turned out to be SO delicious! Will make this again and again!!!
Feb 22, 2017
Loved the cream cheese filling. Will make this dish for guests.
Feb 16, 2017
Looked pretty, but too much cream cheese for only 4 chicken tenders.