Fresh Veggie Pockets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sunflower kernels and seasoned salt; spread about 2 tablespoons on the inside of each pita half. Layer with the tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and avocado.
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 434 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 14g protein.
Dec 18, 2014
Very good! One variation that I like to make is I whip a package of Neufch?tel cheese with fresh chives or onions, or other herbs. Then I mix the sunflower seeds into the whipped cheese right before serving.
Mar 29, 2011
The cream cheese mixture was something different for me, and it was very good. I liked the combination of veggies given in the recipe, very colorful.
Apr 16, 2010
Loved this, its fresh, healthy and light! I added red and green bell peppers...you could probably do any veggies you like it was fantastic.