Fresh Veggie Pockets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sunflower kernels and seasoned salt; spread about 2 tablespoons on the inside of each pita half. Layer with the tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and avocado.
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 434 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 14g protein.
Dec 18, 2014
Very good! One variation that I like to make is I whip a package of Neufch?tel cheese with fresh chives or onions, or other herbs. Then I mix the sunflower seeds into the whipped cheese right before serving.
Mar 29, 2011
The cream cheese mixture was something different for me, and it was very good. I liked the combination of veggies given in the recipe, very colorful.
Apr 16, 2010
Loved this, its fresh, healthy and light! I added red and green bell peppers...you could probably do any veggies you like it was fantastic.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.